REQUEST A QUOTE
What Type Of Electrical Work Requires Permits?
Almost all electrical work performed in Ontario requires a permit, with very few exceptions. A Certificate of Inspection is provided by ESA when the process is complete, and your insurance company may ask for it.
- Changing a Light Switch
- Installing New Power Outlets
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- Receptacle Installations & Replacements
- Electrical Panels
- Simple like-for-like 2 wire to 2 wire change – No permit needed
- Single pole to three-way switch – Permit needed
- Replace an existing switch with a dimmer – Permit needed
- Outdoor Outlet – Permit needed
- Indoor Outlet – Permit needed
- Installing a ceiling fan where no fixture exists – Permit needed
- Installing a ceiling fan where a light fixture exists – Permit needed
- Replacing any existing ceiling fan – Permit needed
- Replacing an existing receptacle – Permit needed
- Installing new receptacle – Permit needed
Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs), Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters(AFCIs) or TR (Tamper-Resistant)
- Any work on the panel – Permit needed
Professional with a nice personality from the first moment you speak with Steve. He arrived when he said he would, was very informative and fair in his pricing. Should we require any further electrical work in the future we will definitely call Steve from Dynamize Electric and will recommend him to our family and friends.Sheila Woudstra
Stephen was incredible to work with…he’s friendly, knowledgeable and detail orientated. I would not hesitate to use Dynamize again for future projects and would recommend them to anyone looking for honest and professional electricians.Chris Devine
Stephen was recommended to me. He pays attention to detail and is very thorough in his work. He took the time needed to complete everything I needed done but also in a timely manner. I also appreciated that he took care in my new home.
As a realtor, I would highly recommend him for any electrical work needed.Joanne Hughes